Follow me on Twitter

mercredi 2 septembre 2009

Hint of autumn


Photo by Steve Shelton (SShelton Images): http://www.ssheltonimages.com/

For me, the first crisp apple I bite into at the end of summer signals the start of fall (as opposed to the start of the fall). I did that yesterday. It was a delicious royal gala.

My friend, the very talented photographer Steve Shelton, just sent me this photo. He's been taking nightly photos to track the waning of summer and the waxing of fall. The Visa pour l'image photojournalism festival is taking place right now in Perpignan, France, just as Gamma announces plans to lay off fifteen photojournalists. The disappearance of these professionals in the quest for higher profit margins is very sad. Yes, any idiot with an iPhone can take a photo. But not one like this. Not in a million years.