Follow me on Twitter

mercredi 26 août 2009

From nuts to sluts

This is really just a pretext to mention one of my favorite online resources:

http://psychcentral.com


It was mentioned in the NY Times because of a recent entry on normal eating, but the website - as its name suggests - treats every subject related to human behavior and psychology under the sun. From nuts to sluts, so to speak. The articles are mostly written by mental health professionals, and deal with topics ranging from social networking (Facebook) to finding love in the modern world (match.com) and coping with aging parents or loved ones with eating disorders. Having realized that everyone in the world is battle-scarred and yet somehow still game, the editors have wisely chosen and editorial slant that I would describe as no-nonsense, non-judgemental, solutions-oriented pragmatism.


One of Egon Schiele's self-portraits. Just because...


Sorry, for some reason my insert link feature only works in my titles. I've got my best technical people working round the clock on a fix.