Follow me on Twitter

dimanche 8 janvier 2012

Don't call it a man cave, you cave man!

Apparently, the expression is as passé as baby bump. When I moved back to the United States, I discovered this strange thing called a man cave. It seems the American male needs his own space in the family home, where he can hang out with other males, play music, drink beer and emit strange bodily noises without a care in the world. I don't think they have those in France, not yet anyway. I'm sure man caves will soon be furieusement tendance, given the fascination with all new and trendy things American. I will never forget the first time I saw an SUV in Paris (called a quatre-quatre) with Paris plates. Ugh! Then there was the sudden appearance of small decals that said "bébé à bord". Double ugh! The most depressing day was the one where I saw an SUV with a "bébé à bord" decal. Utter despair!

But I digress. As I was saying, American men have and apparently need man caves. For Xmas, Hub got his man cave. But we're not calling it that and it isn't off limits to girls like me. How else do you expect it to stay relatively clean? We're calling it the Music Room, because we have decided to store our guitars and amps in there. I may bring my bongos down. We still need to buy a decent microphone and are currently auditioning back-up singers. No talent required. You just have to promise not to call it a man cave.