Follow me on Twitter

jeudi 14 janvier 2010

Law & Order? Just What the Doctor Ordered


I'm home this week recovering from minor abdominal surgery. My surgeon prescribed percocet but I am finding watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of Law & Order to be just as effective. Yesterday, I felt the addict's panic when the television suddenly started administering some other program THAT WAS NOT LAW & ORDER! I almost took a percocet but then images of Rush Limbaugh began dancing in my head. Then his red, angry, fat face appeared on the screen for real. It seems he would like nothing better than to fuel a race war.

I'm also reading Corneille's Le Cid and, more interestingly, some of the primary and secondary texts about La Querelle du Cid. Ah, to have lived in seventeenth century France! I would have had a salon, for sure. The only downer would be no Law & Order episodes. While researching (ha!) this post, which in fact means looking for an image to download, I discovered there are something like eleven seasons in the oeuvre. This means I have not yet skimmed the surface.

At the end of each episode, there is a disclaimer. It reminds viewers that the story and characters are fictional and not to be confused with real events or people. If you ask me, this disclaimer is totally unnecessary and I bet anyone who has watched seven or eight episodes in a day would agree with me.