Follow me on Twitter

mardi 7 juin 2011

Liking is for cowards. Go for what hurts.


And what hurts, of course is love.

Click on the title for a link to Jonathan Franzen's recent op-ed in the New York Times. I was going to put this on my facebook wall, but once you read it you'll understand why that option did not seem right.

And somewhere in this op-ed piece is the answer to the question of why Weiner and other weiners feel the need to photograph their weiners with hand-held devices and then send them to third parties. It has something to do with falling in love, not with a real person, but with a hand-held device. Weiner just wanted to get closer to that obscure object of desire, his hand-held device. Silly Weiner.

One of my favorite songs from summer camp seems appropriate. It's called Weiner Man.
Here are the lyrics:

I know a weiner man
He owns a weiner stand
He knows quite everything
From hot dogs on down
Someday I'll be his wife
Eat weiners all my life
That's why I love that weiner man
HOT DOG!